NZ Kiwifruit Growers Incorporated’s (NZKGI) chief executive Nikki Johnson says growers came through the past season reasonably well.
Two positions are available to recent graduates, offering 18 months working across Zespri's business including six months offshore, explains Zespri global sourcing partner, Bernadette Ryan-Hopkins.
"The kiwifruit industry is looking at serious growth– with export revenue set to triple to $3 billion by 2025 – and Zespri wants the brightest and best employees onboard to grow our business. This new graduate recruitment scheme is part of our commitment to develop the future leaders of this industry," says Ryan-Hopkins.
Applications are welcome from graduates from all disciplines. Skills in languages, horticulture, marketing, IT and finance are particularly relevant but Ryan-Hopkins explains the right attitude is the most important of all. Zespri sells premium-quality kiwifruit in 53 countries around the world, with opportunities across the business in different areas including marketing, finance, logistics, supply chain, horticulture, science and legal.
"The successful applicants will also have a senior executive mentor for their time at Zespri – an excellent opportunity to get advice from someone who's worked their way through the business," says Ryan-Hopkins.
Applications are open from July 28 to August 25. Applicants must be New Zealand residents and have graduated within the past 12 months. Visit www.zespri.com for more details and to apply online.
Key facts about Zespri
• With sales revenues of $1.35 billion, Zespri is one of the world's most successful horticultural marketing companies and NZ's largest horticultural exporter
• The Zespri brand is recognised as the world leader in premium-quality kiwifruit
• Based in Mount Maunganui, Zespri is 100% owned by current or past kiwifruit
• growers, and employ about 280 people in New Zealand, Asia, Europe and North America
• On behalf of our 2,400 growers in New Zealand and 1,200 growers based elsewhere, Zespri manages kiwifruit innovation and supply management, distribution management and marketing of Zespri Green, Zespri SunGold, Zespri Organic, Zespri Gold, Zespri Sweet Green and Zespri Charm Kiwifruit.