It was a great day for Fonterra at this year’s virtual 2020 NZ Cheese Awards.
Beef + Lamb New Zealand is calling for the entries in the 2016 Beef + Lamb New Zealand Sheep Industry Awards that will be held in Masterton at Copthorne Hotel and Resort, Solway Park on 6 July.
This year's awards include:
· Sheep Industry Innovation Award
· Significant Contribution to the Sheep Industry Award
· Sheep Industry Science Award
· Sheep Industry Trainer of the Year
· Sheep Industry Supplier of the Year
· Sheep Industry Emerging Talent Award
· New Zealand Terminal Worth Award
· New Zealand Maternal Worth Award
· Terminal Trait Leader for Lamb Survival Award
· Maternal Trait Leader for Lamb Survival Award
Beef + Lamb New Zealand chief executive, Dr Scott Champion says the awards are a great way to showcase the sheep industry and celebrate those who are making important contributions in a range of ways.
"These awards will acknowledge the introduction of better genetics in the New Zealand sheep flock that has seen production lift significantly with fewer animals and we'll celebrate the innovators and trainers who are improving farming systems and developing our people," Champion says.
Nominations should be with Beef + Lamb New Zealand by April 15, 2016. The entry information and competition criteria can be downloaded at http://beeflambnz.com/news-events/events-calendar/sheep-industry-awards