The biggest New Zealand Winegrower event of the year has wrapped up.
Organised by the New Zealand Association of Ruminant Nutritionists on February 24, the conference will bring together a group of innovative farmers and will present information about nutrition, farm management and profitability.
Based on overwhelmingly positive feedback from the North Island event held in 2015, the South Island conference has been organised to meet increasing demand for knowledge and awareness in dairy nutrition and feeding.
Speakers include some of the most experienced nutritionists in New Zealand. Topics will cover aspects of grazing, feed intake, feeds, feeding and efficient utilisation to optimise performance.
The programme includes:
◦ How to get cows to eat more by Charlotte Westwood.
◦ Diurnal grazing pattern: its understanding and strategic management by Pablo Gregorini.
◦ How to get the best value out of forages by Jakob Kleinmans.
◦ Ensuring your silage is fit for purpose by Trish Lewis.
◦ Growing great cows: rearing heifers from weaning to calving by Natalie Chrystal.
◦ Condition management – how does it help fertility by Nigel Meads.
◦ Nutrition and management of close up dry cows – taking good care of our springers by Andrea Murphy.
◦ Feeding supplements and practical feed balancing by Julian Waters.